Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I remember that during our years living in El Salvador we often had a constant stream of guests staying at our house. For months at a time our living arrangements would have to be somewhat rearranged to accommodate our guests, who were staying for day or a week or two weeks or whatever the case may be. On one occasion I remember we had guests for six months continuously, and to expect me to remember who they all were or even their names is too much to ask this much later, although I do remember that on one occasion there was an elderly woman who was caught by my mother. The woman was smoking secretly in our house. Apparently she was a recent convert who could not control her craving to smoke, not yet being delivered from her addiction to nicotine. My mother informed us of this event after the fact so I really do not know what exactly she said to the smoker woman when she was apprehended. I only know that really what did you expect to get from trying to trick my mother, you will just lose, you cannot get anything past my mother, needless to say.