Monday, December 14, 2020

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember at college, Rose Wilson commenting on my handwriting and what it says about me as she looked over my shoulder. It was not until years later that I went through some papers and found that my grandmother in her youth had written to New York, to a magazine in New York, responding to an advertisement for graphology, that is, handwriting analysis. New York, in response to her request, had sent her a paper purportedly analyzing her handwriting, i.e. describing various character traits of hers that it supposedly reveals. Well, I do not particularly wish to discuss these personal factoids with New York, but there it is, the center and/or apple of the advertising universe, always luring the hapless unsuspecting citizen to reveal too much personal information.