Monday, December 7, 2020

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I have news for the Boones and Wilsons, I am no more adopted than they are. I have my own family tree, no Fry Lock issues there, and so I won't need them for anything. Besides which, the Daniel Boone TV program ended in 1970 and so will always be there in childhood memories, but it is time now for other more important things than that.

How well I remember the college talent show in which one of the Wilson's sang a cover of the Debbie Boone hit song "You Light Up My Life," while ironing a shirt with a man still attached, probably an imitation of some TV skit. There was a copyright issue because a lawyer who was attending the talent show was later investigating whether they had the proper copyright permissions in place to perform all of these things, or should be paying a fee to some organization, maybe ASCAP, to cover that. I only know what Lynda told me about that so I am not sure of what actually happened. I seem to have heard, I don't know how, that the lawyer in question was the son-in-law of Ed Cole, who was a somewhat close friend of my grandparents, although they are all gone now, not that I had anything to do with that. I have yet to hear that story clearly told. They might have been trying to throw me to the lawyer but that wouldn't work. I had never met the lawyer or discussed anything with him. There is no connection there.