Friday, January 14, 2022

Which Reminds Me

Yes, after the double date, little sister was saying that I seemed uncomfortable, because I seemed to be sitting as far to one side of the back seat of the car as possible, so that there was no opportunity of any physical contact or anything that might seem to them even remotely of a romantic nature. And that is true, there was nothing at all to my relationship with this what's-his-name guy who was only the other co-chaperone, as I saw it, of Margot and her boyfriend, so that they have an opportunity to talk and get to know each other. That was all there was to that. I was a bit nervous about being thrown into this sort of double date situation when I had only gone there to work on a homework project, but whatever. I am not going to say more about that. 

Which reminds me that Margot mentioned that her father worked for Shell Oil, which is a matter of indifference to me. Interesting how there are so many gas and oil people swarming around everywhere. And given that there was nothing more to my relationship with that guy, I would not want to have to bestow my gas and oil benefits upon some farcical shell of a non-existent relationship. How is it that my views on this point never gain any traction?