Sunday, January 23, 2022

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I see that you are often reminding me of a conversation that I had with What's-her-name" at high school, who was telling me about a group of students at our high school who identify themselves as the Spartans, those Greeks of unenhanced lifestyle who in ancient times successfully repelled a massive invasion of Persians by blocking a narrow pass. 

I am not sure why they were doing that. So what if our school mascot is a Trojan, those losers who were defeated by the Trojan horse crafted by those crafty Greeks? 

Why are we taking this bit about school mascots so seriously.?A school mascot is what it is and not more than that. Besides which, some accounts have it that the ancient Trojans, after their defeat, emigrated to Britain where they founded a flourishing empire. 

So you never know what these things really mean or how things will work out in the end.