Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that during high school I would spend some of my spare time reading from the World Book encyclopedia that we had at our house. Sometimes I would read about various islands in the Pacific, and at the bottom of each article it would suggest some other islands to read about, and so on and so forth, so I probably read most of what there was to say about the islands of the Pacific. Even so, I never quite found the perfect island for my planned escape route. There would need to be a library, a grocery store, and other amenities. I would need more than just a pile of rocks and a tree in the middle of nowhere. And besides, some of those islands are populated by cannibals and other dangerous characters, not really an ideal way to chill. There would be security concerns. Not to mention the difficulty of getting there at all.