Monday, July 1, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Perhaps I really should have asked someone how my name got mingled in there with the divorce of Cindy Santiago (MK-Ecuador) from Mr. Howell so many years ago. They met and married during college but I did not know them well enough to know very much about that. I just remember seeing Cindy and her husband walking around the college but a few years later they were divorced so the marriage perhaps did not last very long. I would only be guessing. We might have talked two or three times but that was back in school days. There are those who would classify Cindy as one of the most flaky, nutty fruitcakes at our college so anyway Mr. Howell would not be receiving a lot of sympathy for having married her in the first place one way or another. No need to drag me into their mess, thanks anyway.

Yes, and Sandy Santiago was reminding me that she was on the staff of the Wine Press, the college newspaper, while I was not. So true and yet where are Sandy's bestselling books now? We would all be interested to know more about the makings of these Ecuadoran sonnets from the Portuguese.