Monday, July 1, 2013

Which Reminds Me

My sister spent her junior and senior years of high school studying at a public high school in North Miami Beach. I only vaguely remember once or twice meeting her Jewish friend from high school, I think her name was Lori although I am not sure, who was in choir and classes with my sister. This girl Lori converted to Christianity near the end of her senior year which seemed good to us at the time but then shortly after that she converted to Mormonism and moved away to Salt Lake City I imagine to attend Mormon college there, which seems rather appalling in retrospect. How could that happen? We think of Mormonism as a cult because of its refusal to accept the centrality of Jesus, God incarnate in human form, born of a virgin and risen from the dead, in Christian theology. Whether or not my sister has kept in touch with her high school friend I really would not know. I would not recommend it under those circumstances but not to be mean. It is just that cult people are so brainwashed and we don't want waste time having to listen to that. We know better.