Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I don't know why during college it never occurred to me to ask whether Nancy Nelson, who was Lori Way's roommate, was a cousin or kin to Matt Nelson, another college student. Why would I bother to ask such an insignificant question, assuming the thought had ever crossed my mind, which it had not. And anyway, it is something of a moot point in this day and age. About 200 years ago Admiral Nelson helped Europe subdue to the tyrant Napoleon, but in the present day and age Mr. Nelson is married to Napoleon's ugly stepsister, so he doesn't represent anything of significance in terms of world politics in the global arena, that I should be called upon to say something about that. Anyway, Matt married Sheryl Ganksy, remembered mainly as a waitress at Marie Callender's restaurant, and I see they live in Seattle now. Oh, I didn't know that. And you are also expecting me to make some comparisons to that other Cheryl, who died at age 12? That would be impossible due to dire prohibitions against any communication with the dead. We might see them again in the great blue yonder but until then we are sort of busy with this command to occupy until he comes.