Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Which Reminds Me

During the time that I was at SCC, a small college in California, my former 6th grade teacher, Miss Dina Knox, called me and invited me to go to visit her in Yuma, Arizona. She had been visiting California and was returning home, so since she was going to pick me up at the college and take me with her (I would have to take a bus ride back to college), and since it was Easter Week, I did accept the invitation and spent a week there in Yuma with plus-sized Dina and the two or three foster children who also lived there, girls who were maybe high school age and separated from their families for whatever reason. So that was a rather long week, the days going very slowly, interminably waiting for the week to end so that I finally could get out of there and never have to go back there again in this lifetime. So?