Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Which Reminds Me

Yes, during high school I do remember reading in the newspaper about the various Nazis who were found to be hiding out in South America, I think that it was mostly Paraguay, but I have no personal knowledge of that. Paraguay was quite a distance away from where we were. I only know what I read in the newspaper about that. However, I do seem to also remember some chatter about the Italian fascists who fought against the United States during World War II, now desperately trying to pass themselves off as American patriots. That is something that I have not quite heard explained in a clear way. This Nazi distraction only detracts attention from the Italian Fascist question that was the more proximate subject of discussion during high school, although I can't quite remember the details of that. It wasn't my job to seek out and destroy Mussolini's cousins.