Thursday, August 24, 2017

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember in high school writing a 20-page term paper on the subject of population growth, only because the topic was assigned by Mr. DePaul, our economics teacher, and duplicated for Dr. Bidle's English class because any topic was acceptable to him as long as the paper was at least 20 pages long with footnotes, thus demonstrating the ability to write in clear and grammatical sentences, so writing one term paper for two classes saves me the agony writing two 20-page papers when I cannot imagine even writing 1 or 2 pages on such a boring topic as population growth. So I wrote whatever I wrote about that, although I really don't remember what exactly I wrote. It was not an issue upon which I felt any type of crusader passion, it was just a matter of filling 20 pages at least in order to fulfill the academic requirement of the assigned topic. I really don't remember whether I still have that term paper somewhere in my notebooks. It really wasn't that important that I would want to resurrect that topic for national discussion. There are many other topics that I would rather talk about than that. But of course some term paper thieves have very tiny little minds, needless to say.