Sunday, August 27, 2017

Which Reminds Me

During the time that I was attending journalism school in Virginia, one day early in the morning I got in my car and drove all the way to Washington D.C., went one part of the Library of Congress and there looked for some things useful for a school project that I was working on. I really didn't do any sightseeing that day. It was February or March, a rainy, drizzly day. While I was there, I went to a small shop nearby to buy lunch, chicken salad on a croissant, delicious. Strange that you should be asking me where I went. I didn't have any other scheduled appointments that day so there was no reason for anyone to be noticing that I was not at home. Oh, are you the beggar who accosted me on the sidewalk outside of the sandwich shop? Strange that a visit to the nation's capital should bring me in contact with such panhandlers dawdling on the sidewalks, not really the powers that one would expect to see prowling about the corridors of power. Needless to say.