Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Which Reminds Me

Yes, well, excuse me for asking a silly irrelevant question about grants, there was a sign or poster on the wall, I asked if I could apply for that and there was no answer, so I assumed immediately that the answer was no and I was immediately embarrassed for having said anything because don't I know that I should be content with whatever I get from them, which is nothing, and that I ought to be more grateful that I am not so dirt poor as to qualify for any type of financial aid. Yes, of course. Obviously. And yet all these years later I notice that you are still chewing on that old Herringbone thing, always the same old stories that are the only thing they can remember. Needless to say.

Apparently that puts me on a bad list forever after. Yes, I noticed that you were continuing to whine about the first student loan as if I had never paid that off years ago. Blah blah blah. Yak yak yak. 

Nothing good can ever happen to me now that the mail is forever diverted through OK, a state of no interest to me, a state where nobody cares if I live or die, and those same financial aid office staffers who really miss being able to yank me around on a chain  are still running the show. Even if I never speak to them again, recognizing that of course they are not my personal "friends," and that they were only doing their jobs, and that I must limit my interaction to submitting the proper forms and nothing more, and never ask any questions, of course, needless to say, still I can never get to the end of that. 

Thus, I agree that it might be preferable that I not exist.