Sunday, February 10, 2019

Which Reminds Me

Yes, Mark Triplet was always a good speaker, I thought, back in the old days at Oakland Park, when he was an assistant there. How well I remember that he once spoke on the river of Ezekiel, and (they say that the water is purest at the source) how as the water flows out from under the door of the house which faces east, that the river is at first only a few feet wide and ankle deep, and then later it gets wider and wider and deeper and deeper, until finally there is no way to swim across that, I would just drown. I do not remember now any other sermon of his, only that. So, yes, while I seem to remember that his point was something about not being afraid to launch out into the deep, I tend to see that a little bit differently, because there are limits to what we can realistically do given the limitations of this earthly and corporeal existence.

Yes, isn't it amazing how Susie keeps track of all of these people, and knows more about them than anybody else, certainly more than me. I don't even care that much about keeping track of them. If there were some good news to hear that would be nice, but usually to be reminded of them is sort of depressing, if they are just going to be cranky.

Besides which, there is the Devil himself threatening to thresh us like wheat, and you want to help him with that? Who are you anyway?