Friday, July 26, 2019

Which Reminds Me

During high school, living in Central America, some friends of my sister's invited us to a party at their house, I don't know why I thought it was a Christmas party. They lived over in that neighborhood called "Mejicanos." They were telling us about some political turmoil at the university. Also there was some discussion of the slang term "vos" for you, not to be confused with the word "voz" for voice. "Vos" was an abbreviated version of the plural of "you," more like a "ye," which in English is antiquated and no longer use , but anyway in Spanish they often use the plural of "you," although mostly on formal occasions. However, at the time, the vogue or fad or sort of casual usage or if you want to call it street language, (it did not seem that crude at the time, just a "y'all") at least among some people that we met at church was to call people "vos." I no longer hear that ever so I never use that now, but at the time it was one of those things, y'all. But then again at the party they were talking about it as if it were a code for French terrorists or something special sub-group or clique, which I really had not heard previously. So I really do not know what else to think about that. Did you have some reason for mercifully pounding on this insignificant point, Mr. Tyrannical Despot. You know that I was never a French terrorists camping in tents in the countryside the better to wage war against cities and towns. So ridiculous.