Thursday, July 25, 2019

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember during high school in El Salvador, one Sunday at church, at the Evangelistic Center as we called it, I was approached by a man who seemed to be Italian, or else Spanish, but I tend to think that he was Italian, although I cannot remember his name, and he was very friendly and chatted for a few minutes and offered to give me voice lessons, which I cannot say was not an interesting thought, and that I was not flattered, but I declined the offer, being nervous about talking to an unknown person of whom I had no other introductions or recommendations that I should have any idea what he meant by that, never having seen him at church before or after that moment. I cannot say that I might not have benefited from that training in some way to a certain extent, but then again also I would have had to discuss that with mother and she would have to pay and also, I would only be interested in doing more Christian music, because opera does not really work for me, opera seems to be accompanied with a pack of vicious Italian divas screaming in my face, and, yes, I don't really need the extra headache of that, although certainly one might benefit from improved skills by voice lessons to a certain point, although if you have no talent anyway you might not want to be bothered. It might not be worth it.