Sunday, July 28, 2019

Which Reminds Me

Yes, while others may boast of names starting with "C", I myself, without any effort or labor of my own, was somehow born with a double "C" of a name, both first and last names starting with "C," (not to be confused with the stenographic CC: copies to), an inheritance that suits me just fine. The surname of Calkins seems to equip me to notice certain things, such as that I am being targeted by psychotically and dangerously confused Italian or French or something mercenary terrorists, and also that I am really not the only Calkins on the planet who perhaps may be thinking that I have no need of taking upon myself and claiming responsibility for all of the crime and punishment due actually to Wilson and his Italian golddigger/hooker. Not wanting to comment on such an unrelated topic, I leave Wilson to the wheels of law enforcement, myself not knowing enough about that to stick in your eye, although I have learned quite a bit more recently. Thus we see that an alternative "C" name, such as, for example, Campbell, would be a step down in my view. The "help" of Campbell was not requested and not necessary. Already life is complicated enough without Campbell kicking up a lot of dust that sticks in your eyes and then nobody can see anything. And what Narcissus does not imagine himself the "good" who deserves to win the day? Just because your name is McWin? What I could have done.... but time and chance happen to all, the rain falls upon the righteous and well as the unrighteous. And even death is not the end of the story, because there is another life beyond this one, an eternity, where rewards and punishments are dispensed in some mysteriously unknown way. Could it be that to "win" in this life is to "lose" in a subsequent sequence of events? Only God is in control and knows what the future holds.