Friday, May 21, 2021

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I do remember that all of that happened when I was 10 or 11 years old, and then later, after our furlough in the United States, we had returned for the second term and one Saturday we were visited by the girls who had lived across the street from us during the previous term, who had come to see us at our current house in another part of town, and among other things, they were telling us some lousy missionary jokes, that are somewhat circulating down there among the lower classes, and which are generally to be considered as a sign of incipient attitude problem, which generally does not improve over time and may become aggravated by repetition. That was the last time that I actually saw them. I think that my sister once visited them years later and she probably remembers much more than I do about them. I tend to forget about these things because I prefer to remember other things of more interest to me.