Thursday, March 16, 2023

Which Reminds Me

Yes, so we had agreed that it was the picacho, not really a pico, and then later John called my mother and told her that I had used a bad word, and that I was to never say that again, and so that was shocking, what is wrong with me, how could I be so wrong, how stupid can I be, and isn't John the omniscient all-knowing sage on all matters relating to the Spanish language, as far I know, my parents being somewhat awe-stricken by his extensive authority and knowledge on such topics as these, a veritable fount of humor on incidents of translation discrepancies. So this hiking incident contributes to the construction of a huge mental block in my head, because I can never really go there, because I really don't know how to explain how could I be that stupid.