Thursday, December 9, 2010

Comparisons

If I were to measure myself by comparison to others, I would feel pretty good about myself in comparison to the dimwitted "cousins," as for example mentally deficient airhead CMAer Elizabeth who married a Jewish guy but is now divorced. I know better than to get legalistic about such matters as ancestor worship. It is not the law that will save me. The law is the cruel taskmaster who will constantly remind me of my shortcomings and where I have fallen short in fulfilling the law. I can never be happy if I were to depend on the law. No, there is nothing about CMA that appeals to me in the least. I have no idea why the Hunts, quite distant relatives of ours actually, took a turn into oblivion for there is no benefit to being CMA. My great-grandfather might have been also associated with them back in the 1940s but that was a long time ago and I don't know anything about that. I only know that I always was AG and that is all I know or ever was. It is much more beneficial to be AG than to be a mostly Baptist, meaningless CMAer. I think that my great-grandfather would have preferred AG to CMA also but there was that old misunderstanding from China that could never seem to be cleared up and he could not get papers from the AG back in the 1930s or 40s but that is ancient history. Obviously we have a whole different generation today and none of us were ever in China or know anything about that stuff. Hopefully the bigshots in Springfield are not going to play stupid games of mockery and ridicule of us. It just wouldn't be fair or the right thing to do. Modern Pentecostals are supposed to be better than that, not even worse.