Sunday, December 26, 2010

Helpless

Yes, I am helpless to solve all of these mysteries. I really need some people to come forward and explain why I should care. I do vaguely remember Becky Nolin in college talking about her favorite singer James Taylor and some of his hit songs, "Fire and Rain," "Carolina On My Mind," "Mexico," etc. Yes, James Taylor is a very popular musician but other than that I see no connection. It is interesting to learn that his grandfather's brother died of pneumonia in a Shanghai hospital in 1925. However, I see no connection there. His great-uncle was in China while taking a pleasure trip around the world. I am not sure whether my great-grandparents were in Shanghai at the time but anyway they did spend time in China for other reasons not related to pleasure. So I really see no reason to think that James Taylor would know anything about this. James Taylor's sister is Kate, not Kitty of San Francisco, so I also see no connection to the Andersons, not that it matters except maybe to Kent Stone. Kent might remember Becky talking about the concert that she attended. I personally do not share Becky's fascination with the way James Taylor moves his eyebrow when he sings but also I was not there so I do not remember this, only what she said. I am personally not interested in getting connected to the liberal establishment of James Taylor, nor would I care to be committed to the mental hospital to which his family is attached. I am really not that crazy. I just need a little help from my friends, we've all got to have friends, I could get by if I just had a little help from my friends. I do not need another trip down memory lane. I just need everyone to stop faking it and tell the truth for a change.