Monday, September 8, 2014

Bacon Bits

Sometimes you make me feel like an alien child. Yes, I suppose that these illegal aliens have a big chip on their shoulder and want to stick it to us legal natives who make any mistake. Well, I did not write the documentation defining paperless border fugitives in the subhuman category of "aliens" so just working will not be enough to compensate for a lack of paperwork. The immigration people will discuss your paperwork issues with you so don't bother me about that. It is just the system. That is just the way it is so I don't know why everyone is saying that I have to pay for them when actually I cannot even afford to cover my own tracks at the moment. God is merciful and patient but man is a terror.

Which reminds me that Bacon, in his "New Atlantis," quotes the islanders as giving at least "that which belongs to mercy." In high school one of our maids was named Mercedes, which in Spanish means mercy. Mercy only worked for us for about seven months and then she was gone. Mercy quit. But we were glad to be rid of her, to tell the truth. Mercy was sort of like an annoying spy always happening to be sweeping the floor just around the corner from wherever we were and wanting to get chummy when I needed to be doing my homework. So it was just as well that Mercy left us because I don't have time for this. I would rather commend my soul to God than to Mercy.