Monday, September 22, 2014

Which Reminds Me

Yes, there is one other thing that I remember overhearing. I was in the girls' bathroom downstairs when I happened to overhear Kathy talking to some other girls about her boyfriend having been seen at some event accompanied by Linda Sease, another high school classmate. So that is all I would know about that, just that the two were seen together somewhere and Kathy was wound up about that as any drama queen might be. I walked out of the bathroom and right there standing next to the door of the bathroom directly under the high window was standing her boyfriend obviously straining to overhear what Kathy was saying. How much he actually heard of what Kathy had already said and might have said after I left I have no idea. You would have to ask him. You are asking me why did I not turn around and go back inside the bathroom and tell Kathy that her boyfriend was eavesdropping at that moment, and I answer that I don't know, the thought never crossed my mind. It is not like Kathy ever talks to me so there would be no reason for me to interact with her on this point. I would not want to be implicated in her personal vendettas. After all, Kathy is often known to break forth into strange verbal outbursts of no explainable significance. If she did not trust her boyfriend, she should have thought about that before she married him. But it did seem sort of weird. Did no one else see him standing there eavesdropping? So it might seem a bit strange that later Linda seemed to disappear from school but I wouldn't know anything else about that. I don't really know those people. Our high school was really not a warm and friendly place. One might have wished it were but it wasn't.