Saturday, September 27, 2014

Which Reminds Me

During my first year at Southern California College I spent one semester attending church in Dana Point, carpooling with some girls who included Laurie Way. So that was only one semester of college that we spent commuting to Dana Point on Sundays because the carpooling made it easy to get to church even though it was only a Calvary Chapel. Calvary Chapels were such boring places to attend church. You arrive at the front door and they hand you a menu of what is going to happen so you already know in advance that it will just be the same thing and that nothing will never change. And the preacher at Dana Point was so boring, I never could remember later what he was talking about. But it was a beautiful drive along the beach in the morning getting there and back, such gorgeous beach landscapes. They say that there actually is a Point there in Dana Point but I am not sure that I actually visited the Point myself, only heard talk of it. It is only hearsay that we imagine that Dana Point has a point but I am not really sure what it was. It was a long way to go for not much in the way of interest so the next semester I found other ways to get to church.