Saturday, November 22, 2014

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I cannot imagine why I should be in trouble because of something that Stephanie did of which I am not even aware and really don't care. It wasn't me. And also, possibly everyone in the classroom, up to 20 or so people maybe, were alarmed to hear Stephanie talking loudly about something that she did wrong. It wasn't just me that heard this. I don't know what exactly her problem was, and I am not particularly inclined to say anything out of feeling sorry for her, but certainly when you go around talking where almost an entire classroom full of people can hear you, there is no guarantee that one or another of those imaginative people will not be carrying Stephanie's story all over campus and who knows where else and possibly twisting everything around in flippant ways of which I cannot be held responsible as I am not even sure who said what or why I should care. Stephanie had a lot of personal problems as we all were made abundantly aware without even having to ask any questions. She just talks unprompted and everyone just sits there listening to her continuous monologue about being from Scotland and so forth. I don't mean to sound cold or indifferent but I did not get involved because, anyway, her head is somewhere in Scotland, or else making secret deals with the local natives to which white Americans such as myself are not party, so I really don't understand all this yapping about nothing. Why should I stick my neck out to have it chopped off by these double-dealing U.K.ers? I just don't care that much. I seem to recall that Raymond was in that class and, well, there is no telling what weird angle he might have taken on that. I really wouldn't know. I don't recall discussing that with anyone.