Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I do remember that my Dad at one time had a book that discussed the Roman Catholic religion and explained how various aspects of their practices are somehow derived from earlier pagan religions that were syncretistically blended in the early centuries of Christianity. You asked me if I had read it and I said that yes I did read at least part if not all of it. Although I cannot recall the name of the author or the title of the book, I do seem to remember that it was illustrated with various drawings that always add interest for the reader. So? Nowadays, an infinitely kaleidoscopic variety of factoids can be explored online, easily rearranged into any configuration that may suit yourself and your own interests, by anyone with anyone with half a brain and an inclination to follow your nose. So anyway, just killing me, one reader of one book, burning a book or two here and there, is not going to solve your problem. I am just saying. If the paradigm shifts may someday leave you a stalemated pathetically boring sports writer, no longer able to access the building because of your being fired so that you really don't remember anything else after that point in time, having created a huge scene throwing your business cards all over the place on your way out the door, that is no concern of mine. I will not be doing your reading for you when obviously you will not be paying my salary to do that.

Perhaps we are fortunate that we can all leave these humongously megalithic swamp drainage projects to the highly salaried professionals who have access to Lexis-Nexis and other more advanced computer tools.