Monday, July 24, 2017

Which Reminds Me

After the MK Retreat, on the bus on the way back to Springfield, I happened to be sitting next to Jeff Hittenberger, who was attending Evangel at the time, and he was asking me about SCC. I told him about a program that some people at our college were doing whereby they can choose to fast a meal by signing their names to a list at the entrance to the cafeteria. Was the money saved donated to poor people or charity? I don't remember the details. Anyway, I never said that I myself ever did that. I only said that some people were doing that, although not me. God forbid that I should aggregate my name to the list of pathetic shameless hypocrites who stand on public corners trumpeting their good deeds to the public in direct contradiction to the instructions of the New Testament. Anyway, later I heard that Jeff had been very impressed with the idea and had contacted the organizers of that program to learn more about that and then they were accusing me of lying because obviously my name was not on the list. Obviously not. So?