Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Which Reminds Me

When I was in high school maybe after 10th grade when the Stewarts were visiting for the summer, Susie gave me a birthday gift, a book, which she recommended as being of spiritual value. It was the autobiography of Madame Guyon, who was a French Catholic and mystic and founder of the Quietist movement. Interesting to see that Mrs. Baker of Rochester, New York, references the Quietist movement in some of her writings and even refers to Madame Jeanne Guyon. It is easy for Madame Guyon to be famous because she is married. Jean is my middle name, but a single person such as myself would find it not so easy to gain such credibility in the religious arena, a foundation for writing my autobiography which I promised to write at age 10. The writing of my autobiography has been scrapped, needless to say, because these French Catholics think they have no need of anything from me. Everything that is needful for life and work has already been provided by them. My thoughts are an unnecessary redundancy, at least as far as they are concerned.