Thursday, December 14, 2017

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I do remember that I wrote a fictional short story when I was 10 years old. It was sort of inspired by the plot of the novel 'Heidi,' which I had read at Grandma Calkins' house. At the time, there happened to be a man visiting our house in El Salvador, Jack Garlick, who lives in Ecuador. I must have showed it to him because he read it and said that it was great and to mail it to the GPH for possible publication in the Sunday School papers. Well, I actually never sent it anywhere. I am only 10 years old and I don't feel confident that my story would be that good. But apparently Jack went home to Ecuador and made some arrangements in regards to my future writing career, even though I am only 10 years old and am not sure whether I will ever feel confident enough to write another thing. Also, I don't work for the Garlick family. Nor do I work for Ecuador. It is really none of Carol Garlick's business what I do with the rest of my life. I can't have them running me around in circles. Needless to say.