Thursday, November 1, 2018

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I do believe that I remember that, in the alphabetical order of things, Martha's locker was adjacent to mine most of the time throughout high school. Even so, I don't recall much talking about diplomatic and/or immigration matters going on during the exchange of textbooks and/or lunchbox. It was her older sister who was probably more likely the amazingly brilliant diplomatical chessmaster who went on to the Sorbonne and rose to political power during the Flores administration, although I would imagine that she is probably retired by now and already had her political season involving the demarcation of the border with Honduras and maybe heard to be complaining about the severity of the U.S. sanctions following the soccer war and allowing the nasties of Honduras to run wild. Even so, I really have no reason or explanation for why you are expecting me to represent either country in the negotiation, given that I am a U.S. citizen by birth and that my parents voted for Nixon, and that we are thus expecting the U.S. President to appoint the appropriate diplomatic personnel who will represent my political interests there and take care of these matters without myself having to think about that very much. I am late learning about this diplomatic language.

Coincidentally, their older brother, now an immigration lawyer in Miami, is a friend of my Dad's from El Salvador. Even so, he really would not be my choice of legal representative, given his perpetual state of mental confusion in regards to the facts about me, on days that I do not feel like apologizing for happening to be a white person, which is pretty much all of the time.

It is easy for these rich people to be a big fish in a small pond such as that country, but probably one imagines that their Mata Hari connections of a vague and distant nature would limit their ability to get into Europe, much less the United States, although I really do not know anything about that. I would only be guessing so of course I never said anything about something that I might have heard about that.