Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Which Reminds Me

During my years in El Salvador, I twice hiked the Boquerón volcano which overlooks the capital city, the first time with a group of people with Campus Crusade. At the top of the crater, during some time we were walking around and some persons were talking about how the crater back in the 1800s was a lake because it was full of water and some wealthy families had vacation homes there, where the weather is very nice with very cool temperatures compared to the valley below. As we were walking around, someone pointed out one of such houses and was saying or implying that we cannot go inside to see the old photographs of the lake because we have no access, no key. Ok, fine. I had not asked for that anyway. That was an interesting afternoon walking around the grounds of the crater rim and, really, I have nothing to add to that. I think that it is a really nice place to enjoy an afternoon. I enjoyed the hiking and there are berries growing wild in that area which if picked and taken home make very good pies or cobblers.