Sunday, February 6, 2022

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember during high school when I was invited to try out for the girls' baseball team. Oh, they were playing hardball but I had not realized that until later. I had done well enough with softball, but anyway at the hardball tryouts there were several girls lined up, and I was chosen to go to bat first. I swung three times and struck out each time, so I was out and did not quality, obviously. After that all of the others after me walked, choosing not to swing the bat three times, and thus with no effort to be assured of their small modicum of progress in reward for not presenting any show of opposition to Kathy's dominance in sports. Yes, and if I had known beforehand how that was going to work, I too would have walked, because the only thing certain, it seemed, was that no bat would ever connect to Kathy's pitch, and it wasn't worth fighting about that anyway and also am not that interested in sports if truth be told. So whatever that meant.