Monday, May 30, 2022

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that during the year I was at Evangel college, our dean's surname was Best, he was Dean Best, and he went so far as to have a slogan printed on stickers or whatever that was, "Be the Best!" and that was the chant or slogan of the day, we were often exhorted to "Be the Best!" 

Coincidentally, his daughter was a friend of mine, maybe she had been in some class of mine, I don't remember, she was so friendly in fact that when I was to go home for Christmas break, I was invited to stay at her house overnight and they would drive me to the airport, which was so nice of them. And at breakfast her father spilled his coffee on me, so that was awkward, but anyway, that was nice of them to make my life a little bit easier. 

Someone said later that he had been fired because of some mysterious liaison with some girl, although I had never heard any real details on that, so that was sad. I don't remember hearing more about what happened to them later. I did not return to Evangel for the second year so probably I would have learned more details about these things if I had returned.