Saturday, January 21, 2023

Which Reminds Me

Yes, speaking of high school, perhaps you are referring to that creepy weirdo Kike who had somehow developed some sort of infatuated obsession with me, and was following me around the campus pretending to be my "Latin lover" and spewing a line of verbiage that I cannot remember now, I was trying to ignore that and get on with my life, because anyway, after a while it wasn't funny anymore, and anyway, sometimes walking down the street there, going to the store, also some anonymous unknown guy will walk past and say, "I love you, baby," because anyway, those might be the only English words he actually knows, and he is only trying to practice what little bit of English he knows, with whatever white person happens to be there, so obviously that did not mean anything. 

Our high school class was taken on a field trip to see the movie, "Man of La Mancha," and afterwards, back at school, this Kike person would serenade me with "Man of La Mancha," even though I do not think that I look anything like Sophia Loren. It was only that my name sort of sounds like candy, which translated into Spanish means dulce, not really Dulcinea.