Monday, January 9, 2023

which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that in our high school yearbook, there was a photograph of the four or five people in our class who had attained the honor of being chosen for the National Honor Society. I was not in that photo and neither were you, needless to say. Now there is a nice honor if you can get that. And I would only be speculating based on appearance, but if some of those persons were not United States citizens, whose national honor are they being called on to defend? And even so, it might not seem fair to exclude them based on citizenship, when they have the GPAs to qualify, not to mention being the representative math and science geeks. And if I am not a member of the National Honor Society, does that make me a citizen of some other country? So I suppose that I could logically make some points, although it may seem unnecessary, about how I will be just fine without your pokeys on the National Honor Society membership, thanks anyway.