Thursday, February 2, 2023

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember being told that when I was maybe four or five years old, I walked up to my Dad's Aunt Dora, who was smoking a cigarette, and lectured her about how she should not be doing that, smoking is bad for you. And even though I do not actually remember doing that, I only remember being told about doing that, I continue to hear this broken record going around and around ad nauseum. I doubt that I would ever do that again in that way. The notice of the U.S. Surgeon General, plus the researches of health care professionals and the explanations of Grandma Calkins, have already made any further word about that topic a redundancy. Even so, I resent having to explain over and over again that I did not partake of the cigarette passed around the girls' locker room after PE class. Needless to say. I just don't do that.