Saturday, April 1, 2023

Which Reminds Me

Yes, there was a question of how many Pollocks does it take to screw in a light bulb, and I forget the punchline. I have heard many variations on this theme but I am not very good at telling jokes so I should not even try to retell that. 

And then you came back online to tell us about the Polish boyfriend of Louisa May Alcott, the American author who never married. I was in my youth a prolific player of Authors card game, and Alcott was the only woman author represented there, but I do not claim any deeper knowledge of her personal life and the source of her fictional productions, was the Polish man merely her friendly tour guide while visiting Europe? Did he return to Poland after visiting her in the America and marry a woman of his own language and country? And what did he say about America later to his Polish wife? You are telling me about that. That is all new information to me.

And why all these jokes about Barbara? Barbara who? Why all of this to-do about Barbara? I have met various Barbaras during my lifetime, but it was not until I was doing my genealogical research that I learned of the existence of Barbara Barth and her husband Carl Harsh. Yes, ok, fine, and how does that translate into jokes about Lot? You have to dig a little deeper to find Harsh, so fine, Jesse, was that all? And what was that supposed to prove? We should probably leave them wallowing in their own garbage until they cough up a real answer to that question because I do not want to be bothered with their nonsense.