Thursday, April 6, 2023

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember hearing that some people who had worked with my parents, had later gone to Honduras and were living there, in San Pedro Sula. And I remember hearing that Honduras had also invited my parents to go to Honduras for a third term, but my parents said no, they turned that down. Some Honduran lady was online saying that we needed to learn some lessons about the other side, because, having lived through the soccer war in El Salvador, we would probably have been a bit prejudiced from having seen it from their point of view and read about that in the Prensa Grafica. However, my parents said no, they did not go to Honduras. Yes, Honduras probably also would have its points, undoubtedly, but ourselves not being involved in the war itself, seeing it from the point of view of persons who had to live without electricity at night for a week, because they would turn the electricity off citywide at 6 p.m. so that the Honduran bombers would get lost trying to find something, we might not be able to get what are the points that Honduras would want to make either, and by the time that we would get what their points are, we might be very sick pretending to belong to one side or the other. So my parents decided not to go to Honduras.