Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that while working in central Florida, my boss gave me assignment to write something about lemon laws, which are done to help consumers whose cars are consistently not functioning well, and can be documented to be fundamentally defective and should be returned to the manufacturer for refund or replacement. The lemon laws give the consumer legal forces to execute that solution, something that my boss thought it would be helpful for people to know about. Later, after the story appeared in the paper, the local car dealership who advertises in our paper, the Ford guy, complained to the advertising director, so there was some sort of flap about that. I do not remember much about that in terms of details, but perhaps I am a bit too complacent about researching and writing whatever story is assigned to me, in some people's opinion at least.