Friday, May 5, 2023

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember when I was eight years old, and we were visiting at the Cunningham's house in Guadalajara, Mexico, and Jonathan was showing me the rattlesnake skin that he keeps in his sock drawer. That is when I first learned about how rattlesnakes shed their skins, they molt. 

Which reminds me, whatever happened to that hissy snake Carmen? And is that shrill Bathsheba Cooper I hear running around naked as a jaybird? I have no special memory of either one of them. 

And I would not want to mislead those Caribbean people into thinking that I would ever give them something, only because they had rudely insinuated themselves into my personal life. I would have to tell them what everyone is telling me, "Nobody is going to give you anything." Nothing is for sale. Don't even ask about that.

Long ago half of the mineral rights were sold to the farmer, and that was the deal. They have their mineral rights and we have our mineral rights, and there is nothing more to negotiate on this point. Nothing is for sale. Both rights holders would benefit ultimately, maybe, from the gas and oil rights, assuming. But there is no guarantee in life. That is not something to bet the farm on. It is not that much money to be so strung out about. Go get a job. Go get a life.