Saturday, May 6, 2023

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that when the last issue of the high school newspaper was published and appeared in print, that Carol, the elected columnist, was distraught and angrily accusing us of editing her column, which we were not supposed to do, because she had appealed to the professor, and the professor had given special instructions that we were not to edit Carol's column in any way. However, we did edit it a little bit, maybe there were some misspellings, I do not remember what that was. I never did read that later, until about 10 years ago when I was looking through some old papers, and now I see that someone may have snuck in after deadline and swapped out the copy entirely, because whatever we had edited of Carol's column was not that, what appeared in print. Carol, or whoever wrote or secreted the swapped column, seems to be ranting about someone's voice, and how she does not like someone's voice. So we see that you can be an elected columnist and yet not chosen to perform the lead role in a high school musical, so I am not sure what else that proves. And to think that all that time I was feeling guilty about editing the column, when anyway there was something else going on.   

I vaguely remember that Kathy was shuffling some papers in a drawer while this was happening, but I did not look into that. I don't dare to ask questions about that.