Sunday, September 23, 2012

Charlotte's Big Adventure

From Convent to Pentecost
I really do not remember Charlotte. I do remember during high school or some time thereabouts reading an article or book about a former nun who described in her book putting on normal clothing for the first time in many years and walking down the street unsupervised possibly for the first time in her life. However, I somehow doubt that article was written by Charlotte, whose escape narrative appears in print only in 1999 it would seem. I seriously doubt that this book was written by the Charlotte who was a music major at my college although we never really had any classes together. Charlotte was confined to classes with Rusty and that gang, all of whose names I probably would not remember anyway. I was a year or two ahead of them and was not aware of what Charlotte did for the most part. I think that I did once sing in a women's trio with Charlotte and Sheryl but that was just a one-time thing for chapel. Beyond that, I really do not know anything about Charlotte and her buddy Sheryl. Obviously this book was not written by Mrs. Kramer in Venezuela but there is still hope, I suppose, that a future book explaining the curse of the Kramers could help in the unraveling of them. At least it might be helpful to know who we are talking to and dealing with when it comes to these unsigned comments distributed throughout the building. Under these circumstances it would seem unwise and unnecessarily aggravating and inflammatory to say what we really think about the rather thin and shrill voice of Mrs. Kramer. How did those people ever get appointed anyway? Unbelievable.