Friday, September 28, 2012

Et tu, Brute?

I said this to you in some forgotten conversation. I was responding to one of those many verbal digs and/or darts that you are always throwing at me. People like you are always flinging these mechanized verbal darts at me for some mysterious reason and Julius Caesar's dying words seem like a fitting cliche for responding to your meaningless attack cliches. You think that you know something, some deep dark family secret, about me that gives you the upper hand, in your own mind at least. You imagine that you will use this deep dark secret to stab me in the back or crush me into a grinding lifelong slavery to your mafia overlords or something like that, I somehow imagine. You have designated for me the role of sex slave or prostitute, a strictly bad and dishonorable place in your southern Italy scenario, frozen as it is in time in the stagecraft of Pompeii's ashes, buried under the eruption of Mount Etna or Mount Vesuvius or something like that. You play only hardball and I play only softball so you imagine that my disadvantage is insurmountable in this boring field of sports which have no point or meaning that I can see, just that you hated my guts from day one, which is all I can figure. Thus, I personally see no reason to care about the stupid opinions of mentally retarded sports dogs. The truth is that these people cannot possibly know anything about me as we never met before and never had any personal conversation. Which is why I don't understand why these people are so hateful to me. Are we not fellow Americans and fellow citizens of the U.S.? It makes no sense and thus it does not matter. My future life will have nothing to do with these high school classmates from hell. They will have no voice in my future success because they were so utterly mean and nasty to me in the early years. They chose to act like garbage so I will be throwing them out with the garbage when I leave high school days far behind me in the dust of history. Have I made myself clear? How many times do I have to repeat the obvious?