Thursday, November 12, 2015

Which Reminds Me

Yes, there was quite a bit of cheating going on in our high school classrooms. Everybody knew that. I was never one of those cheaters. However, I did not consider it my job to turn in the cheaters on tests. That was the job of the teacher or test monitor, and often cheaters were caught by them. However, I imagine that plenty of cheaters got away with it, their little cram sheets ingeniously tucked away in a shirt sleeve. Just look at Patty, for example. Well, you are asking me, which Patty? There were at least three Pattys that I can think of in our high school class. But I was always too busy working on test questions in my own studious way to worry about whether or not one of those Pattys was cheating or not. You figure it out. I cannot be expected to sacrifice myself to the duties of test police when I already instinctively know that such a role would only invite even more negative retributions. I already have enough problems.

Note: Why don't you ask Ann Campbell yourself whether she was a cheater? I wouldn't have the foggiest idea. I was never that young that I would be able to monitor people at other grade levels.