Monday, November 16, 2015

Which Reminds Me

During high school, myself and several other girls were invited to try out for the competitive girls' baseball team. So at the appointed time we all lined up to bat and one by one we were given a chance to strike the ball. I was made the first one up and when I struck out, meaning that I swung the bat three times but could not connect to the ball. All the others who followed after me just walked. They let Kathy pitch her off-center balls and then just walked. Yes, just think, if I had known ahead of time that Kathy was such a lousy pitcher, I too could have just spared myself the effort and also walked. I mean, really, why bother? It that is the best that the CIA can pitch to me, there is nothing that I can do to help them. Perhaps I hadn't been briefed ahead of time on the lousiness of Kathy as pitcher. Yes, I really don't know what meant.