Saturday, November 21, 2015

Which Reminds Me

When I was eight years old in the third grade and living in Mexico, and attending the American School there, we had a set of books called Childcraft which seemed very fun to read because they would explain how to do various things. In one place I read about how you can have a party for any reason whatever, it doesn't have to be somebody's birthday, you can just have a party to have some friends come over and play various games. The book said to make invitations for your friends so I did that. However, the book did not saying anything about telling my parents first. I handed out my invitations to various people and at the appointed time for the party several people arrived for the party. My mother was doing the ironing and obviously not prepared for any party of which I had forgotten to inform her and so they were all sent home. Some people scolded me very severely for that. So, yes, that was another one of my dumb ideas. Later I was telling my mom how I felt so bad about that and wondering if I could ever get over that feeling of guiltiness and my mom said that probably when I get older I will probably be able to laugh about that silly thing that I did when I was eight years old, which only halfway helps because many other very serious people will never let me forget that.