Sunday, January 7, 2018

Which Reminds Me

Yes, how well I remember that in El Salvador my mother was talking about how she once worked for a Blue Book family as a domestic servant while also attending college. I cannot recall the details of that. I do not think that she ever mentioned their names, but if Barbara Miller was there she probably still wants to know more about that. Or are you the maid listening from the kitchen?

Barbara Miller, a schoolteacher from Jackson, Mississippi, was only there for one year. Although she was renting a room at the home of the Navarrete family, some people from church, she also spent quite a bit of time at our house being entertained by us. Later, pretty much everything we ever discussed with Barbara Miller comes back around all twisted and mangled into a strange and almost unrecognizable configuration. Hmmm..... Is that how these demon schoolteachers minister to us, by cursing us? Or else her brains fell out of her head or something like that. How can I resume a dialogue with such a ridiculous person as this Barbara Miller? I read somewhere that Jackson is a dark hole but I really wouldn't know. I have never been there.

Barbara often complained of her problems getting along with the Navarrete son who was living in the house where she lived, but I cannot understand what she means by that. I never really socialized with the Navarretes. Their father played the organ at church but beyond that I cannot remember a single thing about them. I think that Barbara often discussed with my mother her problems with the Navarrete son but I was not privy to the details of that so I cannot expand your awareness of these issues.