Sunday, April 10, 2022

Which Reminuds Me

Yes, I suppose that if my Dad is 9 percent Chechen ethnicity, that makes me less than 5 percent of that, which is almost nothing, at least not very much to be concerned about. And what is Chechen anyway? I do not identify myself in any Russian sort of way, given that I am predominantly English and Scottish, probably closer to 80 percent. So what if there is a Chechen ancestor somewhere back there in the distant past? David had in his ancestry that Moabite woman Ruth, and yet he rose to become the King of Israel, so the anointing of Samuel and his personal charisma probably overcame any of these other obstacles to reaching the top. Yes, so I can say that there is a point to hammer on and throw around, now that my parents have done their DNA tests. Not that I would be aspiring to royalty. That would be merely a point of encouraging self-confidence and not to be discouraged, not to worry.