Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Which Reminds Me

It has become very evident that someone out there is angling for commentaries on Julia, who was my grandmother's sister, my Dad's aunt, Chris Gallup's grandmother, etc. I really don't have every much to say about her as I was rarely there and can almost count on one hand the times I was ever at her house in Carlsbad. Julia was very politically involved. But as she figures prominently in the diaries of great-grandmother, an accomplished seamstress, everything that is already known from the diaries is more than I could say personally about her. So she was a Republican and very political. Ok, so? Since when do we get to pick and choose our relatives based on party affiliations? Life is more complicated than that. If I say anything one way or the other about Julia I will just get all kinds of people angry with me on either side of the issue and for what? What do party politics have to do with the price of tea in China? I just don't care what you think about Julia.